Nemesis - an open-source Telegram group managment bot
Nemesis is an open-source Telegram Group management bot. Click the button below to start a chat with it! Nemesis was created when the popular bot @BanhammerMarie_bot was shut down and its successor is closed source only. That's why I forked Marie! Since then, the fork has evolved with a lot of new features.
Nemesis has a lot of great features, some of which are:
- Whisper messages
- Translation of messages
- Banning and muting
- Multi Language support (mostly)
- Downloading stickers
- Blocking certain types of messages
- Word filters and blacklists
- Reputation system
- and a lot more!
If you run into problems, there are multiple ways to get help:
- Read the documentation. Do so before asking questions, as a lot of stuff is already answered in there!
- Search the GitHub Repository for others with the same problem, maybe your question is already answered! The best point to get started with that ist the discussion space and the issue list.
- Ask on GitHub Discussions. This is for general questions about how to use the bot. Remember, be nice to others, as they help you voluntary.
- Open an Issue on Github. This is for bug reports.
Nemesis is a community project, and we depend on individuals to improve Nemesis. There are multiple ways for you to get involved:
- Help others on the forums and in issues. Nemesis is used by hundreds of people, and some of them may run into problems.
General considerations for people working with other users
- Be polite. Forum members are the face of the Nemesis community. Be nice to bug reporters and users, even if they aren't nice to you! You have an opportunity to showcase the best of the community, and turn skeptics into fans. Being nice is more impactful than being right.
- Explain your decisions. It can be very frustrating for a bug reporter if his/her report is suddenly closed without any reason. Write why you think that your action is the correct one, and don't establish your opinion as the all-ruling fact.
- Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Everybody makes mistakes, especially when starting out with supporting users.
- Speak multiple languages? Great! We need people like you to translate Nemesis into other languages then english. Currently, we are working on the german translations, but if you'd like do work on a different language, please write me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can start translating at our translation portal. Please keep in mind that your translations should be inline with the sound of thee existing strings!
- If you are familiar with the Python programming language, you can help to develop Nemesis! As a developer, you'll try to fix bugs and to implement new features. Have a look at the issue page and the idea threads to see what to work on, and then go on and fork Nemesis, make your changes and open a pull request! Our GitHub repository is a good place to get you started.
- Suggest New Features. If you have a great idea, tell us in the forums!
- Spread the world. Be sure to spread the word on Nemesis and help others to benefit from it too! Blog about Nemesis, tell your friends and family and help them set it up!
- If you'd like to help but do not have the time to do so, you can also donate some money. Keeping the servers running costs money, and servers are expensive. Your donations can help us to get new hardware to improve performance and keep our existing hardware in good condition. If you consider donating, please get in touch with us.
- Moderate chats. Nemesis has a small team of administrators who work hard in order to ban spammers globally before the can join your groups. As an active community member, you have the chance to get one too! Thank you for your interest in getting part of the community. You can make a difference and help us to build a safer and more fun to use experience for group members!