Valid from: 2 April 2020
You may also want to checkout our German Version of this policy.
Important legal bases
Under the DSGVO, there are a number of admissible reasons (or "legal bases") for the lawful processing of personal data. In the following, we provide an overview of the most important legal bases under the DSGVO.
|Necessity for performance of the contract||the data processing must be necessary for the provision of a service and must be covered by the contract with the data subject|
|Consent||1. requires voluntary, situation-specific, informed and unambiguous consent, given in the form of a clear act |
2. data subjects have the right to withdraw their consent, of which they must be informed
3. the consent must be given by a person of an age above the age of consent in the respective member state or otherwise by a parent or guardian or be authorised by them
4. for some processing operations (e.g. special categories of personal data) explicit consent is required
|Legitimate interests||1. if a company or a third party has legitimate interests, provided that the rights or interests of natural persons do not outweigh |
2. the processing of data shall be suspended where a person raises an objection
Data collected by us
We collect your personal information to provide and continuously improve products and services. This includes the following categories of personal information:
- Information you give us: We collect and store all information you give us in connection with Karatek Services. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may result in you not being able to use many of the Karatek Services.
- Automatic information: Once you use Karatek Services, we automatically receive and store certain information, such as information regarding your usage, including your interaction with content and services available through Karatek Services. Among other things, like many other websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers and receive certain information when your web browser or device accesses Karatek Services and other content provided by or on behalf of us on other websites.
- Information from other sources: Occasionally we may use information about you from other sources. This includes, for example, all data that is publicly available about you on the Internet. If you want to know what kind of data is involved here, just search for your name with a search engine of your choice!
Karatek Teamspeak Server
The following data is automatically collected when using our Teamspeak server:
- your nickname
- Your TS-UUID
- Your online times
- Your IP address
- your description
Your Karatek Cloud account
At this time it is not yet possible to register with a Karatek Cloud account.
When you register your own KaratekCloud account, you benefit from online services such as data storage and synchronization between multiple devices. This data is stored on our servers until you delete your account.
For what purposes does Karatek Software Development process your personal information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide and improve the Karatek services we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- services. We use your personal information to deliver products and services, process payments and communicate with you about products and services.
- Provision, troubleshooting and improvement of Karatek services. We use your personal information to provide features, analyze performance, troubleshoot problems and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Karatek Services.
- Provision of voice services. When you use voice services, such as our Teamspeak server, we process your voice input and other personal information to respond to your requests, to provide you with the service you requested and to improve the Karatek Services offerings.
- Compliance with legal obligations. In certain cases we are subject to legal obligations to collect and process your personal information.
- Communication with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you through various channels (e.g. telephone, email, chat) regarding Karatek Services.
- Fraud prevention. We process personal information to prevent or detect fraud and abuse, to protect the security of our customers, Karatek Software Development and third parties.
- Protection of the individual person. We sometimes collect highly sensitive information to protect you and your personal environment.
- purposes for which we obtain your consent. We may ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose, which we will communicate to you. If you consent to the processing of your personal information for a specific purpose, you may freely withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing your information for that purpose.
Cloud & Diagnostic Data
Because our services are cloud services, data helps us to continuously protect and improve our offerings to you. We also continuously collect diagnostic data, i.e. information about your usage of our services to ensure the smooth operation of your device. For example, if a known problem occurs, we can send the solution directly to all users with similar usage patterns.
Access and disclosure of personal data
- Protection of Karatek Software Development, users and third parties: We disclose customer accounts and personal information about customers when we are required to do so by law or when such disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or protect the rights of Karatek Software Development, our customers, or third parties. This includes exchanging information with companies to prevent and minimize abuse and fraud. We may also share information with local government departments or other governmental, religious, health or providential institutions as deemed necessary to protect our users, our team or third parties.
What is our legal basis for processing data?
We collect, use and share the information available to us in the ways described above:
- according to your consent, which you can revoke at any time by contacting an administrator;
- as is necessary to fulfil our legal obligations;
- to protect your vital interests or those of others;
- as required by the public interest; and
- as necessary for our legitimate interests (as well as those of others), including our interest in providing innovative, personalized, secure and profitable services to our users and partners, unless those interests are outweighed by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require the protection of personal information.
How can you exercise your rights granted under the DSGVO?
According to the basic data protection regulation you have the right to information, correction, transferability and deletion of your data. Learn more about these rights and find out how to exercise your rights against an administrator. You also have the right to object to certain processing of your data or to restrict it. These include:
- the right to object to our processing of your data in the event that we perform a task in the public interest or pursue our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
Data storage and deletion
We will store information until it is no longer needed to provide our services and karatek services or until your account is deleted, whichever comes first. This is on a case-by-case basis and depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational storage needs. For example, if you are looking for something on our Teamspeak, you can access and delete it at any time from your search history, but the log of that search will not be deleted until after 6 months. When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted, and you will not be able to restore this information. Information that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted. To delete your account at any time, please contact an administrator.
How do we react to legal inquiries or how do we prevent damages?
We access, retain and share your information with regulatory, law enforcement and other authorities:
- In response to a legal inquiry, if we believe in good faith that we are legally required to do so. We may also respond to legal inquiries if we believe in good faith that the response is required by the law of the jurisdiction concerned, concerns users in that jurisdiction and is consistent with internationally accepted standards.
- When we believe in good faith that it is necessary to: detect, prevent, and prosecute fraud, unauthorized use of the Products, violations of our policies, or other harmful or illegal activities; protect us (including our rights, property, or Products), you, or others, including in connection with investigations or requests for information from regulatory authorities; or prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, where relevant, we will provide and receive information about the trustworthiness of your account from third parties to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activities on and off our products.
Information that we receive about you may be accessed or retained for longer periods of time if it is the subject of a request or requirement by law, governmental authorities or investigations into possible violations of our policies, or to otherwise prevent harm. We also retain, for at least one year, information about accounts that have been deactivated due to policy violations to prevent repeated abuse or other policy violations.
Changes to this policy
We will notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy before you decide to continue using our products. If you have registered with us using an email address, we will send you notifications using that email address. We will also post notices of changes to our policy on our Telegram Channel.
Date of last revision: 31 March 2020